Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Oh What a Night

I was just bragging the other day about how none of us have been sick yet this year. Why did I have to jinx myself? Last night GG woke up holding his tummy, crying and saying "No Mom." This continued from about 11:30pm to about 3:00 am when finally we decided that nothing was working to comfort him. So we headed to the ER (Poor Ethan was so confused) and got about a mile down the road and GG fell asleep. Ok, if he's asleep he must be feeling better right? We turned around and went home. Once inside he started crying all over again-now what!. We finally found some medicine I used to use when he had colic as a baby that would relax stomach muscles- oh and some IBuprofin to help him fall back to sleep. Silence...he took it and was fine...finally sleep was near...oh dear wait a minute "Roman grab the garbage he's puking!" Ya, all over me, the bed, the blankets, everything. The poor little guy finally got it all out and went to sleep. The Doctor said it just has to run its course so there's nothing we could really do (so glad we didn't make it to the ER after all). It was the worst night we've had in a long time but we are all surviving. My heart goes out to anyone who gets this nasty bug!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

Poor little Garrett. What a night! I bet Ethan was wondering where you were going in the middle of the night. Hope tonight is lots better.

Chelsea said...

Oh man isn't it the worst!!! I'm so sorry for all these little kids who have to be so sick:(

Melinda said...

...been there done that too many times to count this winter...so sorry!

Grigg family

Grigg family