Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. George

Armed with treats, dvd's, headphones, music, toys, blankies, swimsuits, and enough juice boxes and water to feed an army, our family headed for St. George, UT. Total drive time-7 hours! Yes, our very first extended road trip. Thanks to all the above, 1 resourceful mom and 1 patient driver willing to pull over for every bathroom break ( I swear I'm worse than a kid btw!!) ice cream craving, or much needed stretch our trip was a major success!!!

Poor Roman was stuck in meetings a lot of the time, so we would either drop him off and go find something to do or stay at the hotel and swim. Yes, SWIM! The weather was so beautiful and cooperative with our intense need to be fully submerged under water and a nice hot sun at all times!!! Oh, we literally soaked up all we could!! (Remember we still had snow back in Idaho Falls).

The pool was both indoor and outdoor so we were able to go back and forth. It was nice for the cooler evenings.

Posted by PicasaThis was a way fun park we found complete with this semi-authentic climbing wall. I was a little shocked Ethan wanted to do it because we've offered climbing walls before and he's never wanted to. But this time, he couldn't get enough! Garrett remained safely and contently on the playground below- thank goodness.
All in all is was a great trip and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

9 comments:

Annie said...

I LOVE ST. GEORGE!! I am so glad you had a great time.

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

I was so excited to see your pictures! They turned out excellent! I want to go there so bad! Looks like a way fun park and pool! The boys look like they were having so much fun in the warm weather. You picked a great time to go it looks like!

Cordie said...

Okay, why are you always doing such fun things, I am jealous!!! Love all the pictures as well.

Shelly said...

We are going down this weekend to St. George. I love it down there. I am glad you guys had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

WE HEART ST.GEORGE. Can I just tell you they have the most updated hotels we've ever stayed at. flat screen. bath and body works lotion,soap, wi-fi. Wow! I am so glad you guys are having a blast!!! Enjoy=)

Tami said...

I'm so jealous. You guys sure did soak up the sun. That rock wall really is tall huh?

Callin and Tricia said...

I'm glad you guys got to enjoy some good spring weather. Looks like a fun trip. I think that is the same hotel we stayed in a few months ago.

Steph said...

gotta love St. George weather. Its basically the same as here only we get a bit hotte. Looks like you guys had a blast.

McKell said...

Hey Julie, I feel so bad the headband didn't fit. I'm so sorry! And you do not have a big head, you are a dork if you think that! I am making a new one as we speak. I'll give it to Tam as soon as it's done. I'm sorry again, I feel bad. I hope you like it though! *And your kids are so stinkin cute! I wish I lived in St. George, especially when the weather is bla like this!

Grigg family

Grigg family