
I got on a cleaning kick tonight and cleaned the entire oven and the entire fridge. Yes, I am super woman! The funny part was Roman's reaction. He worriedly asked if I was pregnant or nesting or something. NO I am not! Is that seriously the only time I ever deep clean like this? His response confirmed that yea, pretty much that is the only time I really clean the hard stuff. In my defense, I am constantly cleaning floors, toilets, tubs, and counters! But it's kindof true, I don't clean the oven all that much. And unless something major happens in the fridge, it gets put way down on my list of things to do.
While I was cleaning, I suddenly noticed the boys were no longer bugging me and I asked Rome if he knew what they were doing. Not to worry, he said, "I put in a movie like a responsible adult." I thanked him for his thoughtfulness and we both died laughing at what wonderful parenting skills just took place.
Later, our entertainment turned to the boys "snowboarding" (as they referred to it) down the treadmill. Yes, while it was moving. Remember what great parents we are! This ended abruptly when Garrett started going head first.
Ah, nothing like an evening at the Grigg residence. I know I am officially in the running for the mom of the year award now, thank you, thank you!
8 comments:
I just cleaned my oven too. My fridge... maybe tomorrow! Sounds like your house is the place to be. My kids would be jealous. I'm a mean old mom when it comes to playing on the treadmill!!
Oh Jules, We all have our days...
You're a good mom. I think it's okay to let them keep themselves occupied by the TV while you're doing something. This is the only way I know Grace isn't near death because she's glued to the TV.
Good job on cleaning the oven. That is my most dreaded job! I promised myself when we got in our new house that I wouldn't let it get dirty, but here it's been a year and it is in desperate need. Grrr! You've inspired me, though. Maybe I'll tackle it today. Or tomorrow... Probably the next day it will get done FOR SURE!
You totally crack me up! My answer to the oven dilema is...don't cook. If it doesn't get used it can't get dirty! Aha! Cookies are okay cuz they don't boil over! The fridge, I'm with you on that one. Who knows what slimy goop is oozing down the back of my fridge. About the treadmill, I am pretty careful about that one, we had a neighbor who got third degree burns when his arm got stuck under the belt and had to have skin grafts. Just a little something to cheer you up..it's still not choking though!!!
I love to hear little stories about your day. Do you actually mean the inside of your oven? I do that whenever we move. LOL! As for the treadmill, remember when ours took off with mom and she somehow ripped out her eyelashes? I found them by the treadmill. Funny! Funny!
I'm laughing. That's great!
that is funny..and I don't think that is bad parenting! and I'm hoping you really are pregnant... or maybe I should just say congrats on the pregnancy and start rumors :) ha ha
You are always making me laugh! I love looking at your blog.
Post a Comment