I'm know I'm crossing some major cultural boundaries here, but I am determined to teach my boys to cook!! At least bake really good cookies! Ethan begs me to let him help and it's probably just a fun little phase right now, but how great would it be if he enjoys it and could someday help his wife-she would thank me, right? .Roman is a great cook and I love that he helps me because I still haven't found the enjoyment of it. I want to...but...I just always find an excuse not to. I need to work on liking it more. Okay new goal, learn to like cooking. Any tips all you cookers out there?
9 comments:
My kids love to help too. I keep thinking its just a phase but I just use it as a good chance to teach them counting and stuff!
I"ve learned the hard way if you keep it fun and don't stress about the messes and mistakes they'll enjoy it much more and for longer! (Ayla hates cooking, Caleb loves it). My kids also love it when I let them go wild and "create a recipe" They mix up whatever they want and then we throw it in the oven to see if it will actually bake and have any flavor.
I love the idea of raising boys that can cook! Girls will be standing in line, especially if they'll clean too!
What a good mom! It takes a lot of patience to have your kids help in the kitchen! But I guess enjoy it while it lasts because it probably wont--especially with boys!
You are so good to let your kids help you make messes. I´m surprised you don´t have more posts, I´ve been gone almost 2 weeks! Maybe it doesn´t feel that long to you, but I am definitely ready to come home. I miss the good ol USA!! Don´t get me wrong, we have had a great time but it is just time to come home. Just a couple more days. I feel so dirty and ugly all the time, the humidity makes my hair AWFUL!!! And makeup, what is the point, it feels sticky all the time. The worst thing is that no one uses clothes dryers. I have had my clothes hung out for two days and they are not dry, they will smell like smoke though because our flat is above some bars...I can´t wait to get home and do laundry!!!! MMMM, downy and dryer sheets!!! Talk to ya soon, I miss ya!
My little guy pulled out a brownie package yesterday, cut it open & poured it the bowl. He then saw that there was 1 egg so he got the egg out and cracked it but then got very nervous when it was making a mess on his hands :) He came running to find me (egg still in hand) wanting me to take it so he could was his hands. He was so proud of his brownies! I need to work harder at not worrying about the mess and let wash more dishes...they would love it!
Go Martha Stewart! I love the look on Garrett's face...
Boys are definitely not to good to be cooking. Thats a cute picture. We are staying in bear lake for the month of July for Trev's work. And I am thinking of running the fun run again. We should look for each other
YOu still alive? We miss your frequent posts! What you been up to?! Good luck on the race this weekend!
i was wondering if you decided to bring your kids here??? idk so just wondering
Post a Comment