Okay, so the race is this Saturday and I am so excited!! I even feel prepared because I ran 8 miles last week and the race is only 6 so I can do this-right? I am excited to run with my friend Tricia (who got me started on all this) and who I havn't seen for a long time. I expect the race to go by fast mostly because we will be chatting and catching up the whole time. We are planning to do a half marathon sometime near the end of the summer or fall. I'm telling you, it's amazing what you can do if you simply try. I spent as much time agonizing over trying to convince myself to exercise as I do running three miles. So, it's a much better use of your time to just get out there and do it!
Anyway, sorry I haven't posted in a while! My boys have been sick a little and I have just been waiting for something fun to write about. We are going to go on an Alaskan Cruise in a couple weeks so that ought to suffice:) I will post about my race and let you all know if I survive. By the way, I will be harassing a few of you to start running because it is soooo worth it! Not to name any names...but...Camille, Tracy, Marilyn, Melinda, Kelly, Stacy, and whoever else I can pick on here in IF:)
10 comments:
Way to go! Can't wait to hear how the race goes.
Do your best but I'm not sure how much luck you'll have talking me into that. It would have to warm up a little first...maybe a lot!!! Good luck this weekend and have lots of fun too!
Good Luck!!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear how it goes.
Julie, don't forget I'll be in Bear Lake this weekend and I'll be looking for ya!! You are going to do SO great! I know you and my sister are in different races, but I'll try to find you and cheer you on!!
Good luck with the race. How fun that you get to do it with Tricia.
Good Luck Julie! I think it is very cool that you are doing this. You have a goal and you are reaching it!!!! I'm proud of ya
I am so impressed. I wish I lived closer to you, because I'd go running with you whenever you want. One of my neighbors wants me to do a 5K with her daughters. I'd love it. I miss running more than I thought I would. I wish you lots of luck and have fun!
You guys are good! You'll have fun just cathcing up. My parents just got back on Friday from their alaskan cruise. They LOOVED it, had a great time. Just remember to take your winter coats and ear muffs!!
Julie - GOOD LUCK!! I am so proud of you!! Jen P tried to get me interested in walking a marathon this fall...uhm...7+ hours of walking...the thought just about kills me alone...maybe one day :) I am so jealous of your cruise. April told me all about the great deal. Have a great time!!! I can't wait to hear all about both of your adventures!
Post a Comment