Saturday, August 30, 2008

For the Birds

Here is a pic of the bird that camped out on our front door for a lot of the summer. We live in a newer neighborhood where there's not a lot of trees yet so the poor thing had to make her nest on my fake wreath. They say it's good luck when a robin chooses your home to build her nest, but I think this bird is the one that needs the luck. Hello-swinging door!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

ahh, the picture I've been waiting for. How funny! Your door looks beautiful by the way.

GregHansenfam said...

Julie I had that problem the past few summers. I worried about the birds flying into my house when I opened the door. So we had to let the birds leave. You are a lot more tolerant than I was. :)

Tia said...

I've been shopping for a new camera, what kind did you get? I love the pictures of Ethan! I almost named Ryker Ethan. LOVE that name!

Tami said...

You just wanted an excuse to show your cute wreath and wreath hanger. I didn't know the bird was still there. Any attacks lately?

Breinholt Gang said...

That is too funny about the birds. I'm so happy to see you blogging. Good to hear from you. I guess that Teresa found my blog from yours. Blogs are crazy that way. I can feel fall in the air too. Fall is my favorite time of the year because you can go on a hike or be outside and not sweat to death or freeze to death. I just wish it was longer.

Jilleen said...

I thought I had commented on this... I must be going crazy! Well, I am impressed you've let the bird stay. Maybe she's gone by now, but I would never use my front door if I knew there was a bird living on it. I would be too afraid of an attack. To answer your question about my blog colors, I just got the background from cutest blog on the block and it was under autumn. :)

Julie Ann said...

Julie, I'm so excited to be blogging with you!! This will be lots of fun. You're blog is so darling. Thanks for the comment on my blog! You're awesome!

Grigg family

Grigg family