Monday, December 8, 2008
5 Years!
My family had a surprise party for my dad who is celebrating his 5 year cancer remission! We went to my brother's restaurant in Montpelier when it was only open to us so we had lots of room to celebrate and eat and reminisce. In a world where we don't see a lot of miracles, especially from cancer, we knew we had to celebrate my dad's success. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in April of 2003-stage 4. We each (there are 37 of us plus his extended family) wrote a tribute to him and made a nice book he can keep forever. It was quite emotional to go look back at the hard and terrifying days that we all went through. My dad was and is still a trooper and quite honestly the best man I've ever known. I'm so thankful to still have him in my life and that my kids get to enjoy him as well! Love you dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grigg family





7 comments:
Aww, that is so sweet. What a nice thing for you all to do for your dad. How fun to have such a large family and to be able to get together often and support one another. On a side note...hey, did you get another new car?? I was just getting used to you in that other one.
I didn't know your dad had cancer. I'm glad you are on the other end now and can celebrate him being in remission. That is great news!! Sorry if I don't wave when you are in your new Yukon. I have to get used to seeing you in it!! :)
I am glad your dad is cancer free too! That is awesome and very cool that you paid tribute to him. Makes me appreciate my dad, too. Thanks!
Love your new ride, too, by the way!
So I got all teary-eyed looking at the pictures of your sweet parents. (It could be mostly due to prego. hormones though!) That is so great that your dad is doing well. I have always admired his quiet and gentle manner. What a guy!
That is so cool! Here's to a life time cancer free :)
THat is great. I love seeing your parents. They look so happy. You really are getting into blogging lately. Good for you.
Post a Comment