Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Food Inspiration
I needed a little inspiration to help me choose better foods. These are all supposedly in the top 20 of all time. The benefits I read were fantastic so I thought hey, I can live with these. I plan to incorporate one into every meal. I think it's about time I stopped eating peanut m&m's for breakfast. (Although, it did say nuts are good for you...hmmm)
If I could change one thing about myself it would be that I wasn't such a darn picky eater. It causes so much trouble in my world of trying to be healthy...also I'm a creature of habit (ask anyone who knows me well-I'm not kidding I've done the same makeup routine for 15 + years) so once I start doing something, I continue doing it for a long time. This can be a good thing if it's like reading my scriptures or running, but think of the madness when I'm trying to make lunch or choose a snack. It's really quite pathetic.
But the definition of insanity is continuing the same thing and expecting different results...SO hence my reasoning to eat HEALTHY and yummy foods. I'm officially nominating 2009 to be my year of purging bad eating habits and developing new ones. I mean come on, rice crispy treats are yummy and all, but quite lacking in the dietery needs this soon-to-be 30 year old body needs. Right?
Suggestions or favorites anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grigg family


9 comments:
I am in the same boat you are in, good luck to us!
Those pictures really are inspiring. They do look yummy. I think it's just easier to grab a rice crispy treat out of your purse. LOL I think convenience is a lot of the reason we do that- we are so busy now days. I too want to eat healthier. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
You're on your way with no Dr. Pepper. Good job. I wish I could get rid of the baby weight. Here I am making cookies today posting this:)
You are my inspiration with all these eating habits. Great job on Dr. Pepper, I also stopped drinking Diet Coke. And yes it does make a difference with my running endurance too.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes eats M&Ms for breakfast!
Just picked up at least 5 items on your list! The site is design sponge...and what was the one you were talking about? Good to see you too and hey, pb and choc is ok in my book:)
Love this post! Is Kelli M. rubbing off on you. No more candy bars for breakfast! Good luck with your new eating habits. I know you can do it. Then when you really want a treat it will taste that much better. I miss you. How come our paths don't cross more often?
Way to go on trying new eating habits. It is so hard for me too. Callin and I are trying to eat healthier this year also. Call me and we can discuss some fun new things to try. Those healthy foods on your blog actually look quite yummy!
I actually tried Brussel Sprouts the other day for the first time and they were soooo delish! I hate cabbage and always thought they were just like baby cabbages but they taste more like broccoli. Wow, even at this age I am finding new foods that I like....if only I could quit liking so many other foods too!!!!
Post a Comment