
To be clear...a lot of you asked what Oprah said and why I'm going private so I'll explain a little.
I'm not really a huge Oprah watcher, I prefer Ellen to be honest, but I happened to catch a show the other day on sexual predators and the internet. Granted, most of it was concerning teenagers and chat rooms and such but what caught my attention was a police investigator who acted appalled that anyone would willingly post pictures of their children online. In other words, we are asking for trouble.
I know, I know there are many cases where the predator is someone well known and probably invited to view my blog anyway ( this is the most upsetting, right?) but I just decided that with enough to worry about in child safety I would go private. I am a worrier by nature so don't feel bad or guilty if you stay public...obviously it's a personal choice.
So that's the scoop, nothing too groundbreaking or even upsetting. I would love to hear anyone's input whether for or against going private. There's so many different ways to look at it!!
I'm not really a huge Oprah watcher, I prefer Ellen to be honest, but I happened to catch a show the other day on sexual predators and the internet. Granted, most of it was concerning teenagers and chat rooms and such but what caught my attention was a police investigator who acted appalled that anyone would willingly post pictures of their children online. In other words, we are asking for trouble.
I know, I know there are many cases where the predator is someone well known and probably invited to view my blog anyway ( this is the most upsetting, right?) but I just decided that with enough to worry about in child safety I would go private. I am a worrier by nature so don't feel bad or guilty if you stay public...obviously it's a personal choice.
So that's the scoop, nothing too groundbreaking or even upsetting. I would love to hear anyone's input whether for or against going private. There's so many different ways to look at it!!
Thanks for putting up with me, I know going private annoys some people:)
5 comments:
I don't think it's annoying when people go private. I keep thinking I need to. Especially when I watch my live traffic feed. There are some people looking at it from places like Hong Kong, the UK, Canada, and places where I don't know anyone who lives there! It's kinda scary! I'll probably go private soon too.
Not a bad idea...if you have kids. My email address: beezol@yahoo.com
Your names are on it, your pictures...anyone could look you up who found the blog. I think it's a good idea. Seriously. I would do the same, but I decided to post a picture of myself without a shirt on so predators would be too afraid to mess with me and my family. It's worked really well so far.
I totally agree about going private! I am going to real soon! If you do I would love to be added! sbx3garrett@hotmail.com
It is a good idea. I kinda quit posting pix and just started making random thoughts. Send me an invite so I can still see your blog.
Post a Comment