Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Loving this!


So I am really getting the hang of this running. Actually you might even say I'm a little obsessed! It makes me feel so good and I have so much more energy I just don't know what to do with myself sometimes:) Does anyone need me to clean their house? Call me! I love my new Asics a friend recommended to me because my old shoes were sooo heavy and uncomfortable. These are so comfy and light! This Saturday I do four miles and I'm kind of scared. But, 3 weeks ago I couldn't do even one really so it's all about working up to it. I'm trying to watch what I eat because I can really feel it when I run if I eat gross, heavy junk compared to lots of water and fruit and veggies. Also, it helps me stay away from candy bars etc. once I realized how much work it is to burn off a 100 calories. I always think twice now and picture the mile I will have to run later if I choose to eat badly.

14 comments:

allegra said...

hey, thanks for saying hi! your family is so cute. you inspire us lazy moms out there to take up running. i really used to love it and need to jump back on the bandwagon. those shoes look really comfy. good luck with the 10k!

hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog from time to time. love your darling boys!

allegra

the McLaughlin's said...

Asics are the best! I had always been a Nike wearer but now I will never go back, at least not for running shoes. So glad you are loving running so much. It can sure make a difference in my days when I can get a run in. Good luck on the race. When is it?

Tracy said...

I didn't know you were running! Good for you:-) literally! Now we can go to Carinos and enjoy it .....not feel like it is going to stick to our thighs forever. You are awesome. I need to do something. The whole Apple thing isn't workin' for me. I used to run on a treadmill and it did wonders. Maybe I'll take it up again...inspired by you, my dear.

Callin and Tricia said...

I'm so excited and keep it up. Cute shoes! Let me know how four miles goes.

Melinda said...

You are awesome!! Keep it up!

Chelsea said...

good job running! it is so true how working out makes you think about what you eat! (maybe that's why I don't work out???) your mothers day pictures were darling!

us said...

I wish I could come do the Bear Lake run with you. It sounds like a fun one. Keep up the good work. You will do awesome! And, teach me more about the eating thing, cause when I run I just eat more (even junk too) Ahh!

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

Cute shoes! I'm proud of how fast you've trained! good job

Tami said...

Nothing better to be hooked on than running! I'm so jealous. Way to go champ!

steph said...

I am looking for new shoes. What kind of Asics? Does it matter? Do they have okay arches in them?

Shelly said...

You are awesome. I like to excersize but definitely could do better. Good shoes make a big difference. You are a good example.

Ryan Eborn said...

Hi Julie your family is so cute. Congratulations on getting into running, it is amazing how it makes you feel. We haven't seen you forever, but you look really good and happy. We just wanted to say hi and that your boys are too cute. If you want to check out our blog, it is loganeborns.blogspot.com
Good luck with the running and the Bear Lake marathon!
Hope to see you soon.

Trevor, Amber, Matix and Nivelli said...

It really is addicting. I am so happy for you. I did the fun run in Bear Lake and loved it. You will love it.

Cordie said...

OH I wish I would have been training for this run! Oh well...better luck next year or at least that is what I tell myself. :)

Grigg family

Grigg family